Last Minute Resolutions

28 December 2010 16:54 by SarainAkko
I know that everyone is writing their 2011 lists of wishful thinking and hopeful goals but I spent today trying to cross an old resolution off my to do list. This particular one is so old, I can't even tell which year it's carried over from.

Learn to use some fancy photo editing software.

So today's project to learn to write in clouds was born.


&


 One in Hebrew and one in English just for comparison. This stuff is easier once you get the general idea, but time consuming and frazzling if you've never opened the software before. Luckily I didn't invested in expensive Photoshop but instead use the open-source GIMP for my photo manipulation.The base photo is a free stock image that I found fairly quickly but the clouds are all me.

I'm off to see if I can't use this new nifty skill to make a last minute birthday gift for a 12 year old boy. That's right, I absolutely believe 12 year old boys like their names written in puffy clouds above fields of poppies.

5 Response to "Last Minute Resolutions"

  1. Lisa Says:

    Very pretty and a fun idea for a wall hanging! I bet I could figure this out in Photoshop too.

  2. SarainAkko Says:

    Thanks Lisa. I remember seeing a few really cute customized prints with a child's name and thinking "I should learn how to do that." So I did. Highly recommended.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    that is such a cute idea! I have ever thought of that! these are so cool!! If you have a chance come link up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings. www.ladybug-blessings.com.

  4. SarainAkko Says:

    Thanks Kristen. They're not terribly difficult but it's a new skill. I'll add your link party to my list. Thanks again for stopping by.

  5. Katie Says:

    That's pretty cool, seeing as I already have Photoshop Elements I'll have to see if I can find a tutorial on how to do that.

Post a Comment

It makes my day to hear from you so let me know what's on your mind. Chances are I'll probably even write you back. What can I say, I'm a people person.